As commercial real estate slowly recovers from the recession, practitioners will need a broad skill set to achieve and maintain a viable real estate practice. This program helps practicing attorneys enhance traditional transactional skills, and develop workout and enforcement skills, so that they can help their clients regain their footing more quickly.
What you will learn
- Negotiating purchases and sales, and closing complex commercial transactions, in this environment
- Dealing with more cautious lenders, and finding the right lending balance, including a mock negotiation
- Real estate litigation in a nutshell: a toolkit for transactional lawyers
- Issues in availability of title coverage in a more consolidated title industry
- Property and liability insurance coverage and risk management
- Cutting-edge commercial leasing tips from both landlord and tenant perspectives
- What you and your clients need to know about commercial bankruptcy
- Greening leases, integrated project delivery construction contracts, and much more practical advice from experienced attorneys in the nation’s leading law firms!
- A discussion of ethical issues facing real estate attorneys