The Allerton Hotel, 701 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60611
Richard Mason will be speaking at the RAA Demystifying Reinsurance: A Basics of Reinsurance Course on the topic of "Legal Developments Related to Hurricane Sandy." The program is a comprehensive overview of the purpose and structure of reinsurance, with an introduction to life reinsurance. Taught by reinsurance industry experts from Swiss Re, Guy Carpenter, Munich Re America, Willis Re, Aon, RGA Re and more, the seminar guides attendees through all steps of the reinsurance transaction and its impact on an insurance company’s bottom line.
• How reinsurance and insurance differ;
• The types and approaches to reinsurance coverage;
• Risk transfer and risk transfer requirements;
• The impact of a reinsurance transaction on insurance company financials;
• The types and features of different reinsurance contracts;
• How to structure a reinsurance program;
• The components of key Annual Statement schedules;
• Differences between SAP and GAAP accounting;
• How reinsurance is regulated;
• Breakouts on Current Issues:
- Impact of the 2011 Collateral Changes to the NAIC Model Credit for Reinsurance Law;
- Worldwide Impact of Solvency II;
- Legal Developments Related to Hurricane Sandy.