Sarah Sweeney will be a panelist on a webinar presented by the Professional Guidance Committee, Professional Responsibility Committee and the Fee Disputes Committee as a part of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Annual Bench Bar Conference.
Panelists will address the following topics :
• What is a “material adversity” for purposes of analyzing whether a conflict of interest exists under Rule 1.9 (duties to former clients) and Rule 1.18 (duties to prospective clients)?
• Issues relating to the attorney-client privilege in the investigation of a cybersecurity breach and best practices to protect privilege;
• Discrimination in the practice of law: Covered by the misconduct rules?
• Fee Disputes: Discussion of recent opinion(s), with an emphasis on the fee disputes resolution program through the Bar Association;
• Use of Social Media within the bounds of the Rules of Professional Conduct: The impact of social media on the practice of law, particularly as it relates to business development (solicitation and advertising).